Thursday, June 27, 2013

FINALLY SOME GREAT NEWS!!!!

Today started out pretty normal with Physical Therapy at 9 am and then Anabelle had a appointment with the pediatrician at 9:40 so we had to boogie over there, and of course I got lost! Finally we made it and the doctor was still willing to see us. They weighed Anabelle and this time she was 2 pounds under her regular weight so I was super bummed. And previous to the appt. the g-tube people called and said it wouldn't be until August 9th that we get her g-tube. I was just spiraling down and the day just felt like it was getting worse! I was discussing some options with the doctor and she said that we could do an NG tube which goes in her nose and then down to her stomach. Sounded like great news but I just felt like it was going to be another 3 weeks until we could do that. And then she said "We can do it today here in the office" I just starting crying. I think after all the waiting and the let downs and Anabelle losing weight I was just overwhelmed with "happy tears." God is so good isn't He! I knew there was going to be some great bright shining light soon! So they didn't have the size tube they needed at the Westside clinic so we met her doctor at the Eastside clinic at 4:30 and Anabelle got her NG tube! We then went to the Home Health Nursing office to get a pump for her tube and some other supplies. We got home and Anabelle got to have her first feeding and my sweet little baby went to sleep with a full tummy. Praise the Lord!!! I cannot even begin to express how excited I am. This will be just a temporary fix until we get her g-tube. Oh man I am out of my skin so excited that my baby is going to enjoy the feeling of being nourished and maybe put on some weight. YAY! Such a great day! Also we picked our Make A Wish and will be taking it around the second week in August. We will be staying at Give Kids The World in Florida (look it up it's awesome!) for 6 nights 7 days and we will get to go to Disney World, Sea World, and Animal Kingdom. This will be such a great trip for our family we are so excited. After such a heavy road of big blows it's nice to have some treasures along the way. Thank you all for your consistent thoughts and prayers. We love you all soo much! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. such a blessing to hear your excitement!
    wonderful to look forward to Anabelle's Make a wish trip! May it be a time of fun and refreshment, lots of laughter and moments of pure joy between you and Ron as you watch your baby's eyes fill with delight and excitement at all she is going to see this summer!!
    love and blessings Alex!!

    ReplyDelete